Carnivore Plant

This is the WIP for the monstous funghi competition held in march 2015 on the terragenesis.uk site. I will try to build a carnivorous plant like the ones from the mario games. For the basic structure of the plant I bought a plastic easter egg and a plastic plant:

After ripping off all the petals just the stem of the flower is left. This is exactly what I need. Then I used a hairdryer to bend the loop of the easter egg, so that the two halves of the egg open up like a mouth. With some wire and hotglue the two halves and the stem are fixed together:

After letting everything dry I used an old newspaper and lots of white glue to give the plastic halves a shell of pappmaché. Color on plain plastic doesn’t stick.

IMG_0867

Advertisements

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

WordPress.com-Logo

Du kommentierst mit Deinem WordPress.com-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Twitter-Bild

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Facebook-Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Google+ Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google+-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s